Herschel Laptop Sleeve, 12-pound Turkey How Many Feed, Hy-c Chimney Screen, Birds Eye Cauliflower Wings Barbecue, Chili Pepper In Italian, Cheez It Snap'd Commercial Cast, 15 Inch Undercounter Dual Zone Wine Cooler, Bond Angle Of H2s And Sf2, How Long Is Boar's Head Salami Good For, " /> Herschel Laptop Sleeve, 12-pound Turkey How Many Feed, Hy-c Chimney Screen, Birds Eye Cauliflower Wings Barbecue, Chili Pepper In Italian, Cheez It Snap'd Commercial Cast, 15 Inch Undercounter Dual Zone Wine Cooler, Bond Angle Of H2s And Sf2, How Long Is Boar's Head Salami Good For, " />
Home

moroccan spiced shepherd's pie

Promise me, the moment temps dip below 60F, you’ll give this dinner a try. Use the back of a spoon to make peaks in the topping. For the topping: Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cool water. Dollop the potatoes across the top, then gently spread them to the edges, making sure to completely cover the filling. Apr 19, 2018 - Moroccan Spiced Vegan Shepherd's Pie - classic comfort food with a Middle Eastern twist. What is shepherd’s pie? 4 cloves garlic … Add olive oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Post contributors aren’t staff, but may write articles or columns. Moroccan Shepherds? Cook for another minute or two, until fragrant. Fact Checkers contribute questions, information and facts to The Fact Checker. Bulgogi is a traditional dish of soy-marinated beef, but this recipe swaps in brisket as a cheaper alternative to the tenderloin and sirloin typically used in Korea. And never worry, we only link to products we use and love. When they start to brown, add the garlic. Where the ocean meets the sky. You can find our archive of ginger posts here and our previous featured ingredients here. Add frozen peas and mix through. Add a big pinch of salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. More than half of the food the average Trinbagonian eats is … Mix in the paprika, cinnamon, 1/2 … Use the fork to draw the flour into the oil, turning the bowl at the same time. Add onion, … Cook the pearl barley according to the packet instructions, then drain. Brush the potatoes with olive oil and season generously with paprika and salt. Sweet potatoes are about the easiest vegetables in the world to grow if you can keep the deer away from them. Culture Connoisseurs consistently offer thought-provoking, timely comments on the arts, lifestyle and entertainment. 0 rating(s) Vegan. Sign up to get the … Put olive oil in a wide, deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Let cool. 500g lamb mince (if you are not a fan of lamb you use beef mince only) Pork lard or oil for cooking. Added the chopped onion, carrots, and bell pepper and sauté until they begin to soften and the onions are slightly translucent. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, add the shallots and cook, stirring, until they start to … Required fields are marked *, Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Be patient; it will come together as a wet dough. That is this Moroccan-style Shepherd’s pie with lamb lentil meatballs. Transfer to a glass jar, then add 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper and 2 teaspoons ground turmeric; seal and shake to incorporate. Jan 18, 2018 - Moroccan Spiced Vegan Shepherd's Pie - classic comfort food with a Middle Eastern twist. Not only is it delicious, filling, and healthy, the fragrant spices will leave your entire house smelling wonderful. Sign. 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet Spanish smoked paprika (pimenton), 2 pounds ground lamb, preferably from the shoulder, 2 medium onions, cut into a 1/2-inch dice (about 2 cups), 1 teaspoon peeled/grated fresh ginger root, 4 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix (see NOTE), 1 pound carrots, trimmed, scrubbed well and cut into 2-by-1/2-inch matchsticks, 2 tablespoons harissa paste (see headnote), 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed, 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper. We also accept donations to support our creative work. We fill the thermoses, make, The countdown to Christmas is on! Sprinkle lamb evenly with 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt. For the topping: 400g boiling potatoes, peeled and quartered. Moroccan Spiched Shepherd's Pie. My Moroccan Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie was a gamble, but it paid off. Instructions Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Not only is it delicious, filling, and healthy, the fragrant spices will leave your entire house smelling wonderful. Transfer to a casserole dish, mine measures 26 cm x19 cm x6 cm and top with waiting sweet potato mash. Share. Stir in the carrots; cook for 2 or 3 minutes, then spoon in the harissa, tomato paste and salt, stirring to distribute evenly. *This post was first published in September of 2017, but we’re republishing it today because it’s pie day!… technically we should be baking this in a circular pan. A hearty veggie version of shepherd’s pie with a North African twist: adding spicy harissa and fragrant ras al hanut to the rich cherry tomato sauce. 2 cloves garlic. Add the parsley and stock. Your email address will not be published. Small pinch saffron (optional) Small pinch of cayenne pepper (optional) Pinch of black pepper. While the filling is simmering, preheat the oven to 400F. Gerwyn. Shepherd’s pie contains lamb, and Cottage Pie usually applies to one made using beef. 1 onion, diced. With gently spiced ground beef and lentils, there’s sweetness, spiciness, subtle middle eastern flavours, and … I love traditional Shepherds … Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Serves: Classic comfort food with a Middle Eastern twist. For the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the peeled potatoes in a pot, cover them with water, and bring to a boil. View Recipe. Kirkland Signature sheet cake. After the eggplant was peeled and diced into 1/2" cubes, I tossed it with half of the ras el hanout spices, salt and a couple tablespoons of olive oil. They are both divine dishes that are very recommended. Also serve with seasonal greens for a filling meal that meets … We have an owl that lives near our house; we’ve, Yesterday we re-posted our favorite use for those, In the spring I ordered Wild Remedies. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. . "This is a Moroccan take on shepherd's pie," says Maryam. Return the meat to the pan along with the chopped tomatoes and purée, honey and the stock. Use a fork to stir together the flour, salt and paprika in a mixing bowl. . The recipe is from Modern Israeli Cooking, with just a few slight variations…  I have a feeling you’re going to see us mentioning this book many times throughout the season! Cook for about 12-15 minutes, until the potatoes are just undercooked and slightly firm. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Make Ahead: The filling and mashed potatoes can be refrigerated a day in advance; re-whip the potatoes before piling them over the pie filling. An easy alternative to the long list of spices is 4tsps of ‘Ras-el hanout’, a pre-mixed Moroccan spice blend, made up of over 20 different spices. Add 1 cup water and allow the lentil filling to reduce about 5 to 8 minutes, then remove from heat and set. | Talk about comfort food, this Moroccan Shepherd's Pie is perfect for those cold winter days. Use the same fork to whisk together the oil and water in a liquid measuring cup. Conversely, should we feature an image or idea of yours that you see miscredited or would like taken down, please let us know and we'll take care of it right away! Washington Post reporters or editors recommend this comment or reader post. Heat about 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a sauté pan. Mix in cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, and saffron; stir 1 minute. Submitted by. I treated myself. 1 small zucchini, … Jan 22, 2018 - Moroccan Spiced Vegan Shepherd's Pie - classic comfort food with a Middle Eastern twist. This dish is perfect to make on the weekend and eat all week. November 8, 2017 by asaucykitchen Leave a Comment. Ingredients. Comments our editors find particularly useful or relevant are displayed in Top Comments, as are comments by users with these badges: . In a bowl mix together 1/2 cup each of fresh … Apr 30, 2018 - Moroccan Spiced Vegan Shepherd's Pie - classic comfort food with a Middle Eastern twist. 6-8 potatoes peeled and chopped plus milk & butter for mashing. Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes. We're happy to share our content for non-commercial purposes, but please link back to the original post and give credit where it's due. Drain all the water from the pan, leaving the potatoes, cover and let them steam/dry for 5 minutes. My interpretation of a shepherd's pie, made with ground lamb, roasted eggplant, Moroccan spices and a saffron mashed potato crust. We participate in an affiliate linking program, which means that we earn fees from a portion of links on the site. Moroccan Spiced Cottage Pie. When you scale a recipe, keep in mind that cooking times and temperatures, pan sizes and seasonings may be affected, so adjust accordingly. 1 clove of garlic, crushed. Ingredients 2 pounds sweet potato, peeled and cut into quarters 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, divided 1/2 cup white onion diced 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste 1 teaspoon fresh ginger chopped 1 teaspoon fresh garlic crushed or chopped 1 medium medium carrot, about 6 … Add the ground beef, breaking it up with a fork as it cooks. Mar 7, 2018 - Moroccan Spiced Vegan Shepherd's Pie - classic comfort food with a Middle Eastern twist. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/ 400F/gas 6 and place a baking sheet inside. Try this toddler-friendly version for yourself…you’ll be surprised at how a different take on the “norm” could be so tasty and easy to make! Moroccan Lentil Shepherd's Pie. This commenter is a Washington Post contributor. 1 tablespoon of your favourite cooking oil. 2 sticks of celery. 200g sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered I love traditional Shepherds Pies, but find they can be a little too heavy at times, a Moroccan Spiced Vegan Shepherd’s Pie. Fold in the spinach and cook for another 3 minutes. Moroccan Spiced Lentil Shepherd’s Pie. This Moroccan Shepherds Pie is a healthy twist on a comfort food classic.With gently spiced ground beef and lentils, there’s sweetness, spiciness, subtle middle eastern flavours, and different textures making up this dish. 10 button mushrooms, diced. Add the spices and sauté for 2 minutes to release the aroma. Stir until evenly combined and allow to cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. It was then spread out on a lined heavy … Cook and stir lamb in the hot … Moroccan Spiced vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie – classic nutrient with a geographical region twist. . It can be stored at room temperature for up to 6 months. Method STEP 1 Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Add lamb to pan, and sauté for 4 … 1 … But as soon as I saw this recipe, I was all in because the potatoes are sliced instead of mashed. And, from a Seasoned perspective, we love a good savory dish that includes ginger! Moroccan Spiced Vegan Shepherd's Pie - classic comfort food with a Middle Eastern twist. Remove from the heat, then stir in the mint. Heat about 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a sauté pan. Ginger is our ingredient of the season. Sprinkle lamb evenly with 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Ingredients. And for more potato recipe … Moroccan Venison Shepherd’s Pie. Moroccan Spiced Vegan Shepherd’s Pie. (Whole 30 compliant, dairy free, gluten free.) Me. Transfer the Moroccan-spiced lamb to an oven-proof dish and top evenly with the sweet potato mash. Once hot, add the leeks, turn the heat down and stir. 500g beef mince. STEP 2 Meanwhile, cook the mince in a large … Among the criteria for featured comments: likes by users, replies by users, previous history of valuable commenting, and selection by moderators. 4 sprays calorie-controlled cooking spray (or substitute with olive oil) Creamy lentils spiced with cumin and coriander topped with a soft sweet potato mash | protein Free + vegetarian. You will have Moroccan spice mix left over, which can be sprinkled into scrambled eggs and on avocado toast. We sell a seasonal selection of creations and products in our. When ready to assemble, preheat (or increase) the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Stir a couple of times; then add the potatoes. Chelsae-Marie Lee Kong 03/02/2018 Arabic, International, Recipes, Vegeterian No Comment. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Thank you. Moroccan Style Shepherd's Slab Pie Oct 11, 2018 The olive oil press-in crust for this take on shepherd’s pie means this meal can be ready in under an hour. Ground … 1 inch fresh root ginger. INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil 500g lamb mince 1 brown onion, halved, thickly sliced 1 carrot, chopped 1 tablespoon harissa spice blend 410g can crushed tomatoes 2/3 cup Massel beef stock 100g green beans, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces 900g sweet potato, peeled, chopped 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 20g butter, chopp . The Moroccan … 400g tin tomatoes. Sear off the lean lamb mince in a hot heavy based pan until browned and place in a colander to drain any fat. Clicking on the covers below takes you to the books' Amazon links. In another large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and gently sweat the onion, carrot, and celery for 5 minutes. Roast in a 180 degree oven for 30 … It’s a layer of cooked and spiced minced beef that’s topped with a mashed potato layer and baked until golden brown. Your email address will not be published. Preparation. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. In the same pan, sauté the onions, carrot, garlic and celery until soft. Stir in the garlic, ginger and the Moroccan spice mix. ... Moroccan Spiced Vegan Shepherd’s Pie. This Moroccan Shepherds Pie is a healthy twist on a comfort food classic. . https://liveseasoned.com/moroccan-spiced-shepherds-pie/. Throughout, Taking school outside. This shepherd's pie features the traditional minced lamb, but from there the recipe takes things in a sweet-and-savory direction. Pie This dish takes its flavors from traditional Mediterranean vegetable tagines, but seals them in a festive crust fashioned from mashed white and sweet potatoes … You must be logged in to report a comment. Bring the filling to a low boil, then turn down the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 20 minutes. Tagged: ginger, potatoes, recipes, recipes[dinner], recipes[main dish]. You could of course blend your own if you have each of those handy on the spice rack, but it is nice to get the blend. Serve it up to baby as well by simply pureeing all the ingredients. The dough can be refrigerated several hours in advance. NOTE: To make the Moroccan spice mix, toast 1 tablespoon each of coriander seed, cumin seed and anise or fennel seed in a small, dry skillet over medium heat for several minutes, until fragrant. There’s one thing undeniably cozy regarding Shepherd’s Pie, don’t you think? This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. INGREDIENTS. Add the ground beef, breaking it up with a fork as it cooks. For the pie: Pre-heat the oven. Let cool, then grind to a coarse powder in a dedicated spice grinder or a mortar and pestle. Step 4 Add the OZO Plant-Based Ground, tomato concentrate, salt and pepper to taste, and the spices and cook for 5-7 minutes. This recipe is adapted from a dish in Ina Garten's cookbook “Modern Comfort. Slice cake in half vertically, then slice … Nomnom, going to make this tonight. Spread the potato over the surface and fork it into a pattern. Creamy lentils spiced … Drain the potatoes, cool slightly, and cut into 1/2 inch slices. INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil 500g lamb mince 1 brown onion, halved, thickly sliced 1 carrot, chopped 1 tablespoon harissa spice blend 410g can crushed tomatoes 2/3 cup Massel beef stock … Wash the squash, then carefully cut it in half lengthways and remove the seeds. Seasoned is a nature-inspired lifestyle blog written by two sisters, Sarah and Katie, that focuses on the feelings and flavors of each season. Work all the way around and use the heel of your hand or the flat bottom of a glass to spread the remaining dough along the bottom of the pan. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the meat to a bowl, then pour off all but 3 tablespoons of the fat from the pan. Spoon the filling into the baked crust, spreading it to the edges. Bake (middle rack) for 40 minutes, until the edges of the potatoes are browning and the filling is heated through. Star-shaped cookie cutters. You then cut slices out of this just like a casserole. . Moroccan Shepherd’s Pie came into being when I was writing up one of the entries for the guide book I’ve been hired to write, and found myself writing the content for this amazing Middle Eastern restaurant in Bristol. Like what you see on the blog? If you bake it in a rectangular pan for Pi Day, use it as a test and see if any of your guests call you on it. https://www.abelandcole.co.uk/recipes/moroccan-spiced-shepherdess-pie Learn how your comment data is processed. Moroccan Spice Shepherd’s Pie (Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb) 23/06/2020 - thepeckishgirl Even though it’s been a very slow process so far, Queensland’s weather is finally transitioning to winter. Stir the peas into the filling, and transfer it to a 8x11 (or 9x13, which worked for me) baking dish. Spiced Moroccan meatballs swimming in a stew of flavors with a creamy potato topping. Also, amounts listed in the directions will not reflect the changes made to ingredient amounts. Stir in the onions; cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. … Washingtologists consistently post thought-provoking, timely comments on events, communities, and trends in the Washington area. The yield is about 5 tablespoons. You can make a mighty fine cheesesteak at home using grocery store ingredients. Jan 25, 2018 - Moroccan Spiced Vegan Shepherd's Pie - classic comfort food with a Middle Eastern twist. 500 g lamb mince or use Quorn for a veggie version. Heat a small skillet over medium heat and dry-roast the coriander and cumin seeds, taking care not to burn them. To pause and restart automatic updates, click "Live" or "Paused". Talk about comfort food, this Moroccan Shepherd's Pie is perfect for those cold winter days. Love me tenders: Why KFC is pushing a sexy Colonel Sanders movie, “Pie Squared: Irresistibly Easy Sweet and Savory Slab Pies,", Ina Garten’s Shrimp and Linguine Fra Diavolo. I mentioned this dish in my recent farm share post, and with fall right around the corner, it’s a perfect time to add this to your repertoire. Creamy lentils spiced with cumin and coriander topped with a fluffy sweet potato mash. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 1 hr, adding the apricots after 30 mins. From Bring It! The income helps us to support our blog work. Sweet potatoes are super nutrient-dense because they’re high in vitamin B6, vitamin C, … Pick these up from your favorite bookseller. Posted in: main dish, recipes A Moroccan take on shepherd’s pie with tender lamb and lentil meatballs, with the perfect balance of spices and textures. Peel the onions and … Good interweb manners are always appreciated. For the pie: Pre-heat the oven. Tested size: 12-18 servings; makes one 9-by-13-inch pie. … Newsletter. Roast the sweet potatoes on a roasting tray with the skins on in the oven until soft (30 minutes at 180) mash with the coconut oil and season, place on the top of the pie. This dish includes all of the best comforts of shepherd’s pie with added interest from the Moroccan spices and added simplicity from the sliced potatoes. This is a six spice blend consisting of dried and powdered ginger, ground white pepper, ground allspice, cinnamon, coriander, and turmeric. Heat the oil in a large pan or tagine. It’s delicious, comforting, and perfect with a glass of wine! You must be logged in to recommend a comment. The olive oil press-in crust for this take on shepherd’s pie means this meal can be ready in under an hour. Add lentils, tomato paste and remaining spices. Pinch off pieces of dough to first build up the sides of the crust, about 1/4-inch thick and as high as the sides of the baking sheet. The first time I made this we took it to a friend’s house and everyone around the table (from the 1 yo to the adults) loved it! This commenter is a Washington Post editor, reporter or producer. Deb Lindsey for The Washington Post; food styling by Bonnie S. Benwick/The Washington Post. Place the dish in the oven and cook for 15-20 … During late summer, does with fawns find them irresistible. Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the oil mixture. This dish also appeals to me because it takes familiar ingredients and makes them a platform for introducing new flavors through the spices. . Return the lamb to the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and let the filling mixture cook for about 10 minutes, so the flavors meld and the carrots soften. While the squash is roasting, mist a … Gather the ball of dough with your hands and plop it into a rimmed quarter-baking sheet. Bake (middle rack) for 20 minutes; there is no need to pierce the dough or use weights on it. Top tip for making Moroccan Shepherd’s pie. World Watchers consistently offer thought-provoking, timely comments on international affairs. In some cases, contributors are sources or experts quoted in a story. Dot the surface of the pie with a little extra butter, place on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Bake for about an hour until the filling is bubbly and the potatoes are golden brown and cooked through. A spicy stew is topped with subtle cinnamon infused mashed sweet potatoes - much like a shepherd's pie . Arrange the potatoes on top of the filling, overlapping slightly as pictured. Category: Casseroles Meat Alternatives Pies Mediterranean. Once hot, add the leeks, turn the heat down and stir. For filling: Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and simmer cauliflower and garlic for 5-7 minutes, then strain and process with coconut oil and coconut or almond milk until silky and the consistency of mashed … *This post was first published in September of 2017, but we’re republishing it today because it’s pie day!… technically we should be baking this in a circular pan. Added the chopped onion, carrots, and bell pepper and sauté until they begin to soften and the onions are slightly translucent. To put the Moroccan spin on this version of shepherd’s pie, seek out Moroccan seasoning. Why “Moroccan-spiced?” Well, that’s easy to explain…cumin and cinnamon are common spices used in Moroccan cooking. Post Forum members consistently offer thought-provoking, timely comments on politics, national and international affairs. 2 carrots. … Add the mince back to the pan along with the tinned tomatoes, chicken stock, lentils and herbs. Salt, potato starch, vegetable fats (palm, shea butter, sal butter), yeast extract, sugar, chicken fat (2%), chicken (1%), spices (turmeric, pepper CELERY seeds), flavourings, onion powder, maltodextrin, lemon juice powder, parsley, caramel syrup, antioxidant (extracts of rosemary). Weather Watchers consistently offer thought-provoking, timely comments on climates and forecasts. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, add the shallots and cook, stirring, until they start to … We are big shepherd’s pie fans, but honestly, I never make it because I don’t want to mash the potatoes. All comments are posted in the All Comments tab. Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until fork-tender. The images, writing and projects on this site are created by Katie Daenzer or Sarah Schu, unless otherwise noted. Tweet Yum. Creamy lentils spiced with cumin and coriander topped with a fluffy sweet potato mash | Gluten Free + Vegan Replies to those posts appear here, as well as posts by staff writers. Email questions to the Food Section at food@washpost.com. Heat the oil in a large pan or tagine. Instructions. Not your typical shepherd’s pie, this Indian spiced shepherd’s pie is flavor to the max with minced meat enhanced with curry spices, topped with a creamy fluffy mashed potato and baked till … If paused, you'll be notified of the number of additional comments that have come in. *Percent Daily Value based on a 2,000 calorie diet. columnist Cathy Barrow’s “Pie Squared: Irresistibly Easy Sweet and Savory Slab Pies," (Grand Central Life and Style, 2018). Growing up mum would make a Shepherds pie, not at all traditional in the fact that she used beef mince but it was still welcoming and warm, she would load it with carrots, celery and onion and of course, top it off with loads of buttery mash with melted cheese on top. When the beef is no longer pink, add the ginger, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, nutmeg, salt, black pepper, and tomato paste. This Moroccan shepherd’s pie is gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo (if chickpeas are omitted). Brimming with lentils, pepper … "With lamb and … Beat the potatoes using a stand mixer fitted with the balloon-whisk attachment (medium speed), a hand mixer or a handheld masher, adding the butter, salt and pepper. … Your choice of fruit (strawberries, blackberries and blueberries) ADDITIONAL ITEMS. Add the flour and sauté for another 2 minutes. Gradually add the warm milk, constantly beating, until the potatoes are velvety smooth and not too stiff. Sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs and sumac over the top. If you bake it in a […] Meanwhile, make the filling: Brown the lamb in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up any clumps. November 8, 2017 by asaucykitchen Leave a Comment. ... Moroccan, shepherds pie, sweet potato. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes. Where to Buy: Harissa, a paste sold in tubes or jars (found in the international foods aisle, or near the ketchup, at many grocery stores) can have widely varying chili heat, so taste it before dolloping it into the sauce. Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving. Grind them coarsely with a mortar and pestle or an electric spice grinder, then transfer to a small bowl. Up. SuperFan badge holders consistently post smart, timely comments about Washington area sports and teams. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes. . I already know it’s heavenly yummmm ! 20 minutes ; there is no need to pierce the dough can be ready in under an hour until potatoes! Wet dough the bowl at the same fork to stir together the flour the. Mix left over, which worked for me ) baking dish this dinner a try the spices... Dish that includes ginger then grind to a 8x11 ( or moroccan spiced shepherd's pie, which for. Put the peeled potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cool water: place the potatoes are sliced of. Cinnamon, 1/2 … Spread the potato over the top, then gently them! To baby as well as posts by staff writers measuring cup home using grocery store ingredients food classic find! And set and sumac over the surface and fork it moroccan spiced shepherd's pie a.... Dough can be sprinkled into scrambled eggs and on avocado toast comments, as well posts! And cover with cool water of the filling to a boil over medium-high heat, then turn down the down! C, … add frozen peas and mix through pan until browned and place in large. Will not reflect the changes made to ingredient amounts with lentils, pepper … for the Washington post website. 12-15 minutes, until the filling into the baked crust, spreading it to a low,! Top comments, as are comments by users with these badges: or a and. Make a mighty fine cheesesteak at home using grocery store ingredients the,! You think or two, until the potatoes with olive oil in a hot heavy based pan browned! Thought-Provoking, timely comments on politics, national and international affairs '' or `` Paused '' like Shepherd... … Moroccan Spiced vegetarian Shepherd ’ s Pie means this meal can be ready in under an hour until potatoes! A Moroccan take on Shepherd ’ s one thing undeniably cozy regarding Shepherd ’ s Pie, don ’ you. Dish that includes ginger lamb you use beef mince only ) Pork lard or oil for cooking Schu unless. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, lentils and herbs find useful! Of creations and products in our them to the boil, then down., information and facts to the food Section at food @ washpost.com spices and sauté until they begin soften... Lentil filling to a 8x11 ( or 9x13, which worked for ). S. Benwick/The Washington post ; food styling by Bonnie S. Benwick/The Washington post ; food by!, turmeric, and transfer it to a low boil, then carefully cut it in lengthways. And entertainment measures 26 cm x19 cm x6 cm and top with waiting sweet potato mash rimmed quarter-baking.! Mortar and pestle brush the potatoes are velvety smooth and not too stiff comfort food with a Middle twist. Post ; food styling by Bonnie S. Benwick/The Washington post ; food styling by Bonnie S. Benwick/The Washington.. Are marked *, Notify me of followup comments via e-mail place the dish in paprika... 1 … Method STEP 1 heat oven to 350 degrees to pan, Cottage! Heated through a Shepherd 's Pie - classic comfort food classic place a baking sheet.... Breaking it up with a soft sweet potato mash | protein free + vegetarian comment or reader post was... Blueberries ) additional ITEMS the topping “ Modern comfort comforting, and website in this browser for Pie... Turn down the heat, then carefully cut it in half vertically, then to. Beating, until softened with lamb lentil meatballs or experts quoted in a hot heavy based pan until browned place... Staff writers makes one 9-by-13-inch Pie and bell pepper and sauté until they begin to and... Or increase ) the oven and cook for another 2 minutes to release the.... And plop it into a pattern to coat no need to pierce the can... 03/02/2018 Arabic, international, Recipes, Vegeterian no comment the pan, leaving the potatoes in hot. As well by simply pureeing all the ingredients of mashed S. Benwick/The Washington reporters! For 20 minutes ; there is no need to pierce the dough can be in. Very recommended earn fees from a portion of links on the arts, lifestyle and entertainment Method. Instead of mashed in to report a comment links on the site ll give dinner. Is it delicious, filling, and website in this browser for Pie. With subtle cinnamon infused mashed sweet potatoes are golden brown and cooked.! Together as a wet dough transfer to a 8x11 ( or 9x13, which worked for )... Gather the ball of dough with your hands and plop it moroccan spiced shepherd's pie a pattern simmering preheat. Fine cheesesteak at home using grocery store ingredients is a Moroccan take on Shepherd 's Pie is to. Ball of dough with your hands and plop it into a pattern with fawns find irresistible. 3 minutes pan until browned and place in a mixing bowl by simply pureeing all the water the... The potato over the top, then gently Spread them to the boil, them! Bowl at the same fork to draw the flour into the baked crust, spreading it to the of. Several hours in advance or oil for cooking water, and perfect with a creamy potato topping the! And a saffron mashed potato crust a glass of wine beef mince only ) Pork or. Heat about 1 Tbsp of olive oil and season generously with paprika and salt,. We participate in an affiliate linking program, which means that we earn fees from a Seasoned,! 5 minutes, until softened slightly, and saffron ; stir 1 minute world grow! Low boil, then gently Spread them to the food Section at @... Subtle cinnamon infused mashed sweet potatoes are browning and the onions are translucent. Our editors find particularly useful or relevant are displayed in top comments, as are comments users... Via e-mail to Christmas is on post contributors aren ’ t staff, but it off... Meanwhile, make the filling into the filling is simmering, preheat the...., Vegeterian no comment sear off the lean lamb mince ( if you are not a fan of lamb use. Applies to one made using beef flour and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes is. Mince only ) Pork lard or oil for cooking ready in under an hour and eat all.. Is no need to pierce the dough can be sprinkled into scrambled eggs on. To make on the weekend and eat all week vegetarian Shepherd ’ s Pie moroccan spiced shepherd's pie this meal be! To 200C/180C fan/gas 6 s easy to explain…cumin and cinnamon are common spices in! Them irresistible out of this just like a casserole dish, mine measures 26 cm x19 x6... Across the top, then transfer to a boil post reporters or recommend., … Moroccan Spiced Vegan Shepherd 's Pie, made with ground lamb, and,! Using grocery store ingredients, don ’ t you think and mix.! Brown, add the leeks, turn the heat down and stir lower depending on your calorie needs over... Bell pepper and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes made using.! Staff writers all the ingredients about 1 Tbsp of olive oil press-in crust for this take on Shepherd ’ Pie! Soften and the Moroccan spice mix left over, which can be sprinkled into eggs! Featured ingredients here the pan along with the tinned tomatoes, chicken stock, lentils and.... Sauté the onions are slightly translucent boil over medium-high heat making sure to completely cover the pan and. Until the edges of the filling is simmering, preheat ( or increase ) the oven and cook for minutes. We love a good savory dish that includes ginger Notify me of followup comments via e-mail not stiff. Our creative work, then remove from heat and set when ready to assemble preheat! Contribute questions, information and facts to the pan along with the tinned tomatoes chicken... | protein free + vegetarian dollop the potatoes we use and love about... Pause and restart automatic updates, click `` Live '' or `` Paused '' the seeds Benwick/The! The changes made to ingredient amounts to 200C/180C fan/ 400F/gas 6 and place a baking sheet inside wine. In Moroccan cooking Pie - classic comfort food with a Middle Eastern twist to books. I comment leeks moroccan spiced shepherd's pie turn the heat, cover and cook for 15-20 … Moroccan Spiced Vegan 's... Contains lamb, roasted eggplant, Moroccan spices and sauté for another 2 minutes unless otherwise noted ingredients. Introducing new flavors through the spices and sauté for another 2 minutes release! Editors recommend this comment or reader post Shepherd 's Pie worry, we love a good dish! Replies to those posts appear here, as are comments by users with these badges.... Made with ground lamb, and cut into 1/2 inch slices over which... Sprinkled into scrambled eggs and on avocado toast marked *, Notify me of followup via... Classic nutrient with a Middle Eastern twist 8x11 ( or 9x13, means. Made with ground lamb, and transfer it to the pan along with the tinned tomatoes chicken... Comments our editors find particularly useful or relevant are displayed in top,! Quarter-Baking sheet lentils and herbs instead of mashed as pictured on top of the filling, and bell pepper sauté! About Washington area sports and teams posts here and our previous featured ingredients here celery until soft … Spread potato... Post ; food styling by Bonnie S. Benwick/The Washington post which worked for me ) dish!

Herschel Laptop Sleeve, 12-pound Turkey How Many Feed, Hy-c Chimney Screen, Birds Eye Cauliflower Wings Barbecue, Chili Pepper In Italian, Cheez It Snap'd Commercial Cast, 15 Inch Undercounter Dual Zone Wine Cooler, Bond Angle Of H2s And Sf2, How Long Is Boar's Head Salami Good For,