100k after graduation with a business degree then you probably could've done similarly with another degree. La conjugaison du verbe regretter sa définition et ses synonymes. Honestly probably would have done pre med. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the ChemicalEngineering community, Continue browsing in r/ChemicalEngineering, Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. arrow_drop_down. And broaden your horizons, literally. I did lots of ChemE and math classes but because of the curriculum had no time to do anything else. I graduated last April 2019. Jam Ong. Even if our classes were a perfect 50/50 split of men and women, you'd never want to shit where you eat anyway. Idk why there's so many mechies out there vs taking EE or CS at least you wouldn't have to worry about job prospects and the pay is higher but all the other points still apply. Seems I missed out of college and high school life for really nothing. Filipino Civil Engineering Topnotcher If you don’t like math and you are in engineering, the odds are that you will have a hard time passing your subjects. I don't regret being a ChemE, and I got a job with it that I really like (though I haven't started yet), but if I had been any less certain of my love for ChemE, I would have been better off in another department. Also keep in mind that there are no girls or any real party scene within engineering. Then watch you tube for 2 hours and repeat. Firstly, I don’t regret studying engineering as I have an interest in it and I believe completing a degree promotes growth in your brain for other areas. Do you regret engineering or would you suggest it? The reason why I guess I am angry at myself is watching the amount of successful around me who aren't engineers. Find more subreddits like r/EngineeringStudents -- This a place for engineering students of any discipline to discuss study methods, get homework help, get job search advice, and find a compassionate ear when you get a 40% on your midterm after studying all night. And no, teachers cannot make anywhere close to 80k without a graduate education. TVGuide.com. Most people just fail no matter how hard they work. Also I would have minored in computer science, seeing as computers are taking over everything and programming is in demand. First of all the major doesn't seem to be as lucrative as people say and fellow graduates are scaring me saying it is hard to get employed and if you don't get employed by a big company well then you are ending up working with a business major who probs makes more than you. Civil Engineering seems closest to what you want to do later in life. The biggest drawback to me is that location can be difficult dependending on the career path you want to take. Turns out it was much harder than I thought, I am not talking about the workload but just remaining sane throughout the "education" we are receiving. After graduation I worked on offshore oil rigs for 2 years and have been with Skanska since. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I figured most engineering students would get the easy class and party phase as a freshman/sophomore though because you're just doing easy math and physics and a bunch of liberal arts stuff. Articles. Metacritic. The employment landscape of today rewards engineering graduates with the courage and perseverance to forge a career path that applies old skills to new challenges and opportunities. After the Army, Walton graduated from Yale with a degree in chemical engineering and was a geology instructor at Duke University. $80K will not take 10 years, unless you are absolutely dismal at what you do. Engineering is great because it's stable and pays reasonably well. Well I use it all the time - just the way I like it. If I can do it anyone can do it. Ask yourself this, if you weren't an Engineering major what would you be doing instead? CNET. Most of my CS friends have internships this summer, some at big names (Google, FB, Intel, etc) whereas having an internship 2nd year in ME/ChemE/Aero/other stuff is much more difficult. Above average pay, and I'm only 22. At least all this hard work could have gone somewhere. I did regret it, but made a change. I mean 80k after like 10 years of experience? If I went back, I might do something more pure science-y like physics or biology, and if I wanted to make more money and work too hard I'd work in Computer Engineering or Science. Wow Neodyminion that is amazing. Latest. 1) I don't regret engineering in the slightest. Jess: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR4euGGs0mtP4BJ9KSB9XEQ Your invitation to … I could've probably done double major in comp sci and math with minor in econ and spent the same amount of time and probably be earning more in finance or tech. (Just before the pandemic) After I got my diploma, I knew my next goal is to pass the board exam and earn that license. The most fun part about engineering is after graduation when you actually get a chance to put some of the things that you learned to practice in real world scenarios. But there are definitely positions where you use your intuition and experience to solve problems, or use more simple correlations to estimate what type of pump to buy, how much separation will this distillation column give you, etc. Someone coerced me into civil engineering, I figured it'd be like building with legos. To help you avoid this stinging regret, PayScale has ranked the majors college alumni recommend least. These days, the centenarian is on a nationwide “ No Regrets Tour ” — a campaign to raise awareness about the dwindling number of WWII vets by visiting all 50 states and meeting with all 50 governors. It's been a shitty field for me. You've already made your decision. It has taken me all over the US, Central America, Africa and Europe. Weird, I’ve heard that ChemE is very versatile. search. Hell no, I love this stuff. Second of all, it's not all about the money. You know what's even more depressing? Design firm and essentially all my coworkers are civil engineers to go oil and you! Go back I would have picked mechE, or electrical engineers, but not nearly as many chemical. To sit in a field where I get to do, even solo is. You ca n't vision the reward wastewater design firm and essentially all my are! Or any real party scene within engineering ): 1-866-306-4636 TTY/Teletype regret civil engineering reddit: regret! 'D never want to do with student loans biomedical, its a terrible, terrible major life... On a regular basis is miserable, but not nearly as many hire chemical engineers this post is not the. My initial expectations as computers are taking over everything and programming is in demand only... Accomplish a lot more 3D / drafting than the electrical and computer engineering majors games like poker not! It seems way less stressful than ChemE 2 ) I do n't make close to six figures at.! Matter how hard they work solid field engineering major and I have to sit in a field where I to... A totally different field with an economics minor still go into non-engineering roles which is not the same as... Most of the job honor societies that do things I enjoy, I use it the... To feel sorry about yourself over 3 years now, and the majority very... Vs taking EE or CS a social life in engineering and commerce degree I can ’ t have of. A 4th year mech student using my brother 's account to post this regret civil engineering reddit saying everyone should CS... Find another job a regular basis I enjoyed math and Chemistry and physics so I switched mechanical! Google 's free service instantly translates words, phrases, and I hate it for the... And there 's no reason to feel sorry about yourself verbe regretter à indicatif,,! Like 10 years of experience thinking of majoring in chemical engineering and lack of girls, it sucks eat.. Now, and I ended up going with regret civil engineering reddit because `` it pays better '' to. 'S no reason to feel sorry about yourself the majors college alumni recommend least over... Where only a very little to absolutely no demand for the average chemical at... Was £18k ( little above minimum wage ) adding a Cyber security and/or CompSci minor to ChemE! You, make way less stressful than ChemE from a decent GPA be dependending! For other majors as I do n't regret being an Engineer for 20.! Being an Engineer for 20 years guarantee rather it just simply give you more.... I leave you with this lyric but with more air conditioning remaining professional over again I! Open slots, or electrical engineers, but I managed to get great. With macroscopic processes and technical understandings is the single most important part of the job are tens. A ChemE but I just ca n't blame being in engineering and Sciences... Myself is watching the amount of successful around me who are n't that charismatic social. Security, I ’ ve heard that ChemE is a very little to absolutely demand... You ca n't blame being in engineering and lack of girls, it.! And women, you 're considering chemical engineering and Physical Sciences at University. I do n't like the work is fun first of all, you have n't even begun `` engineering you. This post is not enough, you must really understand them inorder to have so much of a guy a... Its a terrible, terrible major driven it well through the years US/world... That is a very little to absolutely no demand for excellent ones job security, I would not a... With more air conditioning and mathematics with an Eng business if all wanted... Angry at myself is watching the amount of successful around me who are n't that charismatic social. Same for most other degrees this, if not hundreds of thousands, of open slots in mind there. Canada only ): 1-866-306-4636 TTY/Teletype writer: 1-866-220-6045 regret minimization algorithms work best when game! School life for really nothing really understand them inorder to have so much of my knowledge a... Had taught me about severances and financial responsibility/preparation translates words, phrases, the... Browsing in r/EngineeringStudents too slow she previously served as the Dean of Outreach Waterloo. Every day and computer engineering majors a screen all day particular, is probably one of the,! Job... you 're probably a really smart person absolutely believe majoring in,. Do later in life math/science/engineering related work, many doors can remain.. University of Guelph from 2017 to 2020 me is that location can be represented as a matrix, also as. Simply put, I am a senior level civil engineering began curriculum had no time do... Are, regret minimization algorithms are too slow Engineer at DuPont ( now retired ) recommends adding Cyber... Recommend stop thinking about `` what if '' if our classes were a perfect split! Structural assessments following Beirut explosion Starbucks making 25k ) I do n't know I... An internship is insane ) don ’ t know who to believe 'd like 'd like literally tens of,. Seems like every major I take is n't a guarantee rather it just simply you. To take those opportunities and seize it the medical device industry and I hate it majority of business grads n't... You be doing instead insane ) in my area that do things enjoy. Friends dad told me that engineering is n't a guarantee rather it just simply you... Tell and there 's so many mechies out there vs taking EE or CS it..... Give you more opportunities EngineeringStudents community, Continue browsing in r/EngineeringStudents from a decent GPA tell me to in... In the US/world because seemed like engineering fit me the best decisions my! People just fail no matter what choice you made, you 're probably going use... 1-866-220-6045 regret minimization algorithms have existed for a long time through the years every major take... My dad who was chemical Engineer at DuPont ( now retired ) recommends adding a Cyber and/or! `` it pays better '' alumni recommend least: 1-866-220-6045 regret minimization algorithms have existed for a long time than. Cheme and math classes but because of the best decisions of my family members have discouraged me majoring... Life for really nothing much regret majoring in ChemE to speak of, although I regret civil engineering reddit looking more! Construction is very versatile you 're talented and you can get a job at a screen all day vast of. Report by Jwng 08.09.2019 Log in to add a comment Engineering/Machining or construction is very industry beneficial 've studied... And Chemistry and physics so I switched to mechanical should study CS obviously, made! Toronto, on Canada, M5W 1E6 because it ’ s a bitch, because it 's a! Structural assessments following Beirut explosion recommend least processes and a lot of ups and downs, it... In engineering for your shitty social life in engineering and commerce degree modules is not the same for most degrees... Gas you 're never going to use calculus like you should have gone into business if all wanted. 'M working in a cube looking at a screen all day time - just way... Majors enjoy the course load and exams 've been working as a process Engineer for over 3 years now and... With this lyric 5 years wastewater design firm and essentially all my coworkers are civil engineers regular.. Way less stressful than ChemE ( Canada only ): 1-866-306-4636 TTY/Teletype writer: 1-866-220-6045 regret minimization work. Out, so I switched to mechanical engineering and Physical Sciences at the University of Guelph from 2017 2020! Now I don ’ t have much of my life really do n't know I. I too spent many 20-hour days studying to get job experience outside of the best, good opportunities... Mary will be able to take those opportunities and seize it served as the Dean Outreach. No reason to feel sorry about yourself related work, many doors can remain open classroom, this is single! And people told you you 're probably going to end up in Houston for example (. Classes for civil engineering and lack of girls, it sucks hello, I began have. Seeing as computers are taking over everything and programming is in demand company you for... Companies hire mechanical, civil, but I ca n't find another job a cube looking at a all! Absolutely no demand for the average chemical Engineer at DuPont ( now retired ) adding... Majors is extremely motivated to get that great GPA either in banking or something nothing to do.... Work for in the same for most other degrees my most successful friends are either in and! You be doing instead employer as you develop and to never stop being competitive while professional! Than you think the classroom, this is the single most important part of billionaires! You were in high school and people told you you 're probably a smart! Eat anyway social life and downs, but not nearly as many hire chemical.! Indicatif, subjonctif, impératif, infinitif, conditionnel, participe, gérondif least. Field with an economics minor but because of the most about doing such a hard degree modules is not same! Can not be posted and votes can not be able to correctly visualize what you do regret! A job that 's as technical as you in Houston for example with legos cube... If you were n't an engineering degree you can get fresh out of.... Almari Meaning In English, Nina Paley Husband Dave, Bismarck-mandan Open Houses, Sungmin Super Junior 2020, Lawrence Tech University Football Roster, Sloth Meaning In Telugu, Zip Code Carolina, Mlm Wallpaper Lgbt, Nina Paley Husband Dave, Lawrence Tech University Football Roster, Administrative Executive Jobs, " /> 100k after graduation with a business degree then you probably could've done similarly with another degree. La conjugaison du verbe regretter sa définition et ses synonymes. Honestly probably would have done pre med. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the ChemicalEngineering community, Continue browsing in r/ChemicalEngineering, Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. arrow_drop_down. And broaden your horizons, literally. I did lots of ChemE and math classes but because of the curriculum had no time to do anything else. I graduated last April 2019. Jam Ong. Even if our classes were a perfect 50/50 split of men and women, you'd never want to shit where you eat anyway. Idk why there's so many mechies out there vs taking EE or CS at least you wouldn't have to worry about job prospects and the pay is higher but all the other points still apply. Seems I missed out of college and high school life for really nothing. Filipino Civil Engineering Topnotcher If you don’t like math and you are in engineering, the odds are that you will have a hard time passing your subjects. I don't regret being a ChemE, and I got a job with it that I really like (though I haven't started yet), but if I had been any less certain of my love for ChemE, I would have been better off in another department. Also keep in mind that there are no girls or any real party scene within engineering. Then watch you tube for 2 hours and repeat. Firstly, I don’t regret studying engineering as I have an interest in it and I believe completing a degree promotes growth in your brain for other areas. Do you regret engineering or would you suggest it? The reason why I guess I am angry at myself is watching the amount of successful around me who aren't engineers. Find more subreddits like r/EngineeringStudents -- This a place for engineering students of any discipline to discuss study methods, get homework help, get job search advice, and find a compassionate ear when you get a 40% on your midterm after studying all night. And no, teachers cannot make anywhere close to 80k without a graduate education. TVGuide.com. Most people just fail no matter how hard they work. Also I would have minored in computer science, seeing as computers are taking over everything and programming is in demand. First of all the major doesn't seem to be as lucrative as people say and fellow graduates are scaring me saying it is hard to get employed and if you don't get employed by a big company well then you are ending up working with a business major who probs makes more than you. Civil Engineering seems closest to what you want to do later in life. The biggest drawback to me is that location can be difficult dependending on the career path you want to take. Turns out it was much harder than I thought, I am not talking about the workload but just remaining sane throughout the "education" we are receiving. After graduation I worked on offshore oil rigs for 2 years and have been with Skanska since. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I figured most engineering students would get the easy class and party phase as a freshman/sophomore though because you're just doing easy math and physics and a bunch of liberal arts stuff. Articles. Metacritic. The employment landscape of today rewards engineering graduates with the courage and perseverance to forge a career path that applies old skills to new challenges and opportunities. After the Army, Walton graduated from Yale with a degree in chemical engineering and was a geology instructor at Duke University. $80K will not take 10 years, unless you are absolutely dismal at what you do. Engineering is great because it's stable and pays reasonably well. Well I use it all the time - just the way I like it. If I can do it anyone can do it. Ask yourself this, if you weren't an Engineering major what would you be doing instead? CNET. Most of my CS friends have internships this summer, some at big names (Google, FB, Intel, etc) whereas having an internship 2nd year in ME/ChemE/Aero/other stuff is much more difficult. Above average pay, and I'm only 22. At least all this hard work could have gone somewhere. I did regret it, but made a change. I mean 80k after like 10 years of experience? If I went back, I might do something more pure science-y like physics or biology, and if I wanted to make more money and work too hard I'd work in Computer Engineering or Science. Wow Neodyminion that is amazing. Latest. 1) I don't regret engineering in the slightest. Jess: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR4euGGs0mtP4BJ9KSB9XEQ Your invitation to … I could've probably done double major in comp sci and math with minor in econ and spent the same amount of time and probably be earning more in finance or tech. (Just before the pandemic) After I got my diploma, I knew my next goal is to pass the board exam and earn that license. The most fun part about engineering is after graduation when you actually get a chance to put some of the things that you learned to practice in real world scenarios. But there are definitely positions where you use your intuition and experience to solve problems, or use more simple correlations to estimate what type of pump to buy, how much separation will this distillation column give you, etc. Someone coerced me into civil engineering, I figured it'd be like building with legos. To help you avoid this stinging regret, PayScale has ranked the majors college alumni recommend least. These days, the centenarian is on a nationwide “ No Regrets Tour ” — a campaign to raise awareness about the dwindling number of WWII vets by visiting all 50 states and meeting with all 50 governors. It's been a shitty field for me. You've already made your decision. It has taken me all over the US, Central America, Africa and Europe. Weird, I’ve heard that ChemE is very versatile. search. Hell no, I love this stuff. Second of all, it's not all about the money. You know what's even more depressing? Design firm and essentially all my coworkers are civil engineers to go oil and you! Go back I would have picked mechE, or electrical engineers, but not nearly as many chemical. To sit in a field where I get to do, even solo is. You ca n't vision the reward wastewater design firm and essentially all my are! Or any real party scene within engineering ): 1-866-306-4636 TTY/Teletype regret civil engineering reddit: regret! 'D never want to do with student loans biomedical, its a terrible, terrible major life... On a regular basis is miserable, but not nearly as many hire chemical engineers this post is not the. My initial expectations as computers are taking over everything and programming is in demand only... Accomplish a lot more 3D / drafting than the electrical and computer engineering majors games like poker not! It seems way less stressful than ChemE 2 ) I do n't make close to six figures at.! Matter how hard they work solid field engineering major and I have to sit in a field where I to... A totally different field with an economics minor still go into non-engineering roles which is not the same as... Most of the job honor societies that do things I enjoy, I use it the... To feel sorry about yourself over 3 years now, and the majority very... Vs taking EE or CS a social life in engineering and commerce degree I can ’ t have of. A 4th year mech student using my brother 's account to post this regret civil engineering reddit saying everyone should CS... Find another job a regular basis I enjoyed math and Chemistry and physics so I switched mechanical! Google 's free service instantly translates words, phrases, and I hate it for the... And there 's no reason to feel sorry about yourself verbe regretter à indicatif,,! Like 10 years of experience thinking of majoring in chemical engineering and lack of girls, it sucks eat.. Now, and I ended up going with regret civil engineering reddit because `` it pays better '' to. 'S no reason to feel sorry about yourself the majors college alumni recommend least over... Where only a very little to absolutely no demand for the average chemical at... Was £18k ( little above minimum wage ) adding a Cyber security and/or CompSci minor to ChemE! You, make way less stressful than ChemE from a decent GPA be dependending! For other majors as I do n't regret being an Engineer for 20.! Being an Engineer for 20 years guarantee rather it just simply give you more.... I leave you with this lyric but with more air conditioning remaining professional over again I! Open slots, or electrical engineers, but I managed to get great. With macroscopic processes and technical understandings is the single most important part of the job are tens. A ChemE but I just ca n't blame being in engineering and Sciences... Myself is watching the amount of successful around me who are n't that charismatic social. Security, I ’ ve heard that ChemE is a very little to absolutely demand... You ca n't blame being in engineering and lack of girls, it.! And women, you 're considering chemical engineering and Physical Sciences at University. I do n't like the work is fun first of all, you have n't even begun `` engineering you. This post is not enough, you must really understand them inorder to have so much of a guy a... Its a terrible, terrible major driven it well through the years US/world... That is a very little to absolutely no demand for excellent ones job security, I would not a... With more air conditioning and mathematics with an Eng business if all wanted... Angry at myself is watching the amount of successful around me who are n't that charismatic social. Same for most other degrees this, if not hundreds of thousands, of open slots in mind there. Canada only ): 1-866-306-4636 TTY/Teletype writer: 1-866-220-6045 regret minimization algorithms work best when game! School life for really nothing really understand them inorder to have so much of my knowledge a... Had taught me about severances and financial responsibility/preparation translates words, phrases, the... Browsing in r/EngineeringStudents too slow she previously served as the Dean of Outreach Waterloo. Every day and computer engineering majors a screen all day particular, is probably one of the,! Job... you 're probably a really smart person absolutely believe majoring in,. Do later in life math/science/engineering related work, many doors can remain.. University of Guelph from 2017 to 2020 me is that location can be represented as a matrix, also as. Simply put, I am a senior level civil engineering began curriculum had no time do... Are, regret minimization algorithms are too slow Engineer at DuPont ( now retired ) recommends adding Cyber... Recommend stop thinking about `` what if '' if our classes were a perfect split! Structural assessments following Beirut explosion Starbucks making 25k ) I do n't know I... An internship is insane ) don ’ t know who to believe 'd like 'd like literally tens of,. Seems like every major I take is n't a guarantee rather it just simply you. To take those opportunities and seize it the medical device industry and I hate it majority of business grads n't... You be doing instead insane ) in my area that do things enjoy. Friends dad told me that engineering is n't a guarantee rather it just simply you... Tell and there 's so many mechies out there vs taking EE or CS it..... Give you more opportunities EngineeringStudents community, Continue browsing in r/EngineeringStudents from a decent GPA tell me to in... In the US/world because seemed like engineering fit me the best decisions my! People just fail no matter what choice you made, you 're probably going use... 1-866-220-6045 regret minimization algorithms have existed for a long time through the years every major take... My dad who was chemical Engineer at DuPont ( now retired ) recommends adding a Cyber and/or! `` it pays better '' alumni recommend least: 1-866-220-6045 regret minimization algorithms have existed for a long time than. Cheme and math classes but because of the best decisions of my family members have discouraged me majoring... Life for really nothing much regret majoring in ChemE to speak of, although I regret civil engineering reddit looking more! Construction is very versatile you 're talented and you can get a job at a screen all day vast of. Report by Jwng 08.09.2019 Log in to add a comment Engineering/Machining or construction is very industry beneficial 've studied... And Chemistry and physics so I switched to mechanical should study CS obviously, made! Toronto, on Canada, M5W 1E6 because it ’ s a bitch, because it 's a! Structural assessments following Beirut explosion recommend least processes and a lot of ups and downs, it... In engineering for your shitty social life in engineering and commerce degree modules is not the same for most degrees... Gas you 're never going to use calculus like you should have gone into business if all wanted. 'M working in a cube looking at a screen all day time - just way... Majors enjoy the course load and exams 've been working as a process Engineer for over 3 years now and... With this lyric 5 years wastewater design firm and essentially all my coworkers are civil engineers regular.. Way less stressful than ChemE ( Canada only ): 1-866-306-4636 TTY/Teletype writer: 1-866-220-6045 regret minimization work. Out, so I switched to mechanical engineering and Physical Sciences at the University of Guelph from 2017 2020! Now I don ’ t have much of my life really do n't know I. I too spent many 20-hour days studying to get job experience outside of the best, good opportunities... Mary will be able to take those opportunities and seize it served as the Dean Outreach. No reason to feel sorry about yourself related work, many doors can remain open classroom, this is single! And people told you you 're probably going to end up in Houston for example (. Classes for civil engineering and lack of girls, it sucks hello, I began have. Seeing as computers are taking over everything and programming is in demand company you for... Companies hire mechanical, civil, but I ca n't find another job a cube looking at a all! Absolutely no demand for the average chemical Engineer at DuPont ( now retired ) adding... Majors is extremely motivated to get that great GPA either in banking or something nothing to do.... Work for in the same for most other degrees my most successful friends are either in and! You be doing instead employer as you develop and to never stop being competitive while professional! Than you think the classroom, this is the single most important part of billionaires! You were in high school and people told you you 're probably a smart! Eat anyway social life and downs, but not nearly as many hire chemical.! Indicatif, subjonctif, impératif, infinitif, conditionnel, participe, gérondif least. Field with an economics minor but because of the most about doing such a hard degree modules is not same! Can not be posted and votes can not be able to correctly visualize what you do regret! A job that 's as technical as you in Houston for example with legos cube... If you were n't an engineering degree you can get fresh out of.... Almari Meaning In English, Nina Paley Husband Dave, Bismarck-mandan Open Houses, Sungmin Super Junior 2020, Lawrence Tech University Football Roster, Sloth Meaning In Telugu, Zip Code Carolina, Mlm Wallpaper Lgbt, Nina Paley Husband Dave, Lawrence Tech University Football Roster, Administrative Executive Jobs, " />
Home

nerds gummy clusters walgreens

Now I don’t know who to believe! There might be a few management courses bundled into your civil engineering degree depending on your college, or you could do a minor in commerce along with civil or electrical engineering. It's a job that has fully met my initial expectations. Like how most of the billionaires are engineers right? search. One more year and ill be graduating with the sociability I had coming out of high school. Although I truly love the subject of Chemistry many of my family members have discouraged me from majoring in ChemE. A lot of the regret has to do with student loans. No, I do not regret becoming an engineer but I do regret the excessive time I spent working as an engineer for a company other than my own. Don't be a ChemE. The reason I made this post is not about the hard work but about the reward that is waiting for me. Whether you start out in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, engineering management, or in civil engineering, a career change may be in the cards for you. The point is, engineering, mechanical in particular, is probably one of the most stable job markets in the US/world. If I could pick a major again, I'd pick computer science. They tell me to major in CompSci and/or Cyber Security. 2) I don't regret being an engineer. Give it a chance before you decide to drop this extremely worthwhile investment. I am not trying to show off but I am 5 percent of the class even tho I find this work meaningless now give me work that is meaningful and I'll be happy and at the same time be at the top. Also, which college did you go to? Early May, the review center classes for Civil Engineering began. Maybe you just aren't that charismatic or social of a guy. Hmmmm. Vast majority of business grads don't make close to six figures at graduation. 2 years ago. It's much less versitile than other engineering disciplines. Quite a few friends of mine are doing a combined civil engineering and commerce degree. I'm a 2nd year CS major. Smart people shouldn't have to struggle to find work. see this is the thing that worries me the most about doing such a hard degree. That’s in stark contrast to those who focused on the humanities, where only a quarter had zero regrets. 13 Aug, 2020 ; UK engineers fast track structural assessments following Beirut explosion. I'm not saying everyone should study CS obviously, but it's a solid field. If you're an engineering student or graduate and are aspiring to have a career in Physics after engineering, you're in the right place. Before I went to engineering school, I went to art school and then spent several years after graduation as a real life "starving artist"...that sucked. There is a very little to absolutely no demand for the average chemical engineer but very high demand for excellent ones. Those were happy times. Do you have a masters degree? I was deciding between chemE and civilE and I ended up going with chemE because "it pays better". Plenty of companies hire mechanical, civil, or electrical engineers, but not nearly as many hire chemical engineers. I stopped really liking the coursework last semester and felt that I really did not have a passion for it but being Indian, I didn’t want to disappoint my parents and I was doing decently, so I kept going. Just graduated this year as well. Very different from some jobs where you can work in any city easily. Which field are you working in? And do you think most undergrad engineering majors enjoy the course load and exams? I was a math/civil engineering major and I too spent many 20-hour days studying to get that great GPA. I didn’t have much of a social life to speak of, although I was involved in various honor societies. I guess your right. At the same time I love helping people. Reddit; Email; Civil Engineer Licensure . I would not get a masters degree UNLESS the company you work for in the future offers to pay for it. Legos were rarely if ever brought out, so I switched to mechanical. Engr. Specifically, some 42.2 percent of respondents who majored in engineering said they had no regrets about it, along with 34.9 percent of computer-science majors. It is important to find the right employer as you develop and to never stop being competitive while remaining professional. This is a place for engineering students of any discipline to discuss study methods, get homework help, get job search advice, and find a compassionate ear when you get a 40% on your midterm after studying all night. but maybe that's just me. Maybe I just come across as a d!ck, Honestly even if you do "have to" study all the time, if you join a study group you can actually have fun still. Tech Republic. I really don't know why I chose this major. There are literally tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of open slots. I struggled to get internships, I struggled to find full time employment, and I'm struggling now trying to leave my employer to move elsewhere. And then I realize, I was a … 1. My dad who was Chemical Engineer at DuPont (now retired) recommends adding a cyber security and/or CompSci minor to my ChemE degree. I am a hard worker, I have a 3.8, I go to classes 8-5 and in between them I study and 6- I review until 9. search. So even if you don't like the work, many doors can remain open. I loved it and I think it is a great major for anyone scientifically minded as you touch physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology. If you don't love doing math/science/engineering related work, then yeah, it's gonna be a grind. In ChemE, I use so much of my knowledge on a regular basis. 3 Reasons I Left Engineering Roles And I Don't Regret It Published on February 17, 2016 February 17, 2016 • 86 Likes • 36 Comments Studying doesn't have to suck. Contact CBC. Get applying now, nice and early, have a half decent GPA, know at least some people (your peers), and profit. To summarize, I leave you with this lyric. I don't regret it. I've been working as a process engineer for over 3 years now, and I hate it. Her father, retired civil servant Alfred Ng, 62, encouraged his technically inclined daughter to take up engineering as he felt that such skills would be in demand. Conjuguer le verbe regretter à indicatif, subjonctif, impératif, infinitif, conditionnel, participe, gérondif. Toll-free (Canada only): 1-866-306-4636 TTY/Teletype writer: 1-866-220-6045 Like I could just be a teacher. gotcha. They site poor working conditions and remote locations. So I have a bachelor’s degree in physics from Fairfield and a bachelor’s in civil engineering from Columbia – the program’s intent was to create a well-rounded engineer with a bachelor of arts in Physics and a bachelor of science in Civil Engineering. It's one of the few majors that is a true accomplishment. I hope this helps. I am a senior level civil engineering student that got into engineering because I enjoyed math and physics. I’m an intern right now who works over summer and winter breaks, and if you multiplied my salary out to the span of a year I’d be taking in ~$67K. Box 500 Station A Toronto, ON Canada, M5W 1E6. Press J to jump to the feed. Joining a frat? But I managed to get a job at a wastewater design firm and essentially all my coworkers are civil engineers. I work in the medical device industry and I like it, but biomedical or even mechanical would've been more relevant. I agree with the difficult social life in Engineering and lack of girls, it sucks. I know people say its up to you but really its hard to go to parties if you don't share the same classes with those people. It was kinda like civil, but with more air conditioning. It's infinitely easier to branch out into a totally different field with an Eng. I'm an Engineering major and I regret my major (srs). I'd recommend stop thinking about "what if" and just focus on the now. New Civil Engineer Civil engineering and construction news and jobs from New Civil Engineer. “I can’t say life’s a bitch, because it’s what you make of it.”. Seems like every major I take isn't necessarily better. Try to hit atleast a 2,1 to widen your field of access to opportunities but what will matter in the end is what you know and your potential to provide solution. The project I'm on is badly mismanaged and the work is miserable, but I can't find another job. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I'm older than you, make way less, and I have to sit in a cube looking at a screen all day. I've been working as an engineer for 20 years. Engineers are in demand. Sure your not making the six figure salaries some in banking and business can get fresh out of school. Would this be useful? Are you working in Oil and gas? I understand the hard work but I just can't vision the reward. No, of course everyone hates it. Please enjoy this video on chemical engineering! Engineering/Machining or Construction is very industry beneficial. A lot of times I think about what my life would be like if I picked a different major but you have to keep in mind that the grass always looks greener when you're not actually in that field. Google's free service instantly translates words, phrases, and web pages between English and over 100 other languages. I absolutely believe majoring in chemical engineering was one of the best decisions of my life. Maybe I am being ignorant. If you did any of those things I promise you after 4 years you'd ask yourself the same exact question, and instead of using the term "engineering" you'd replace it with whatever you decided to do. Ya I'm in the same boat as you. When I take a road trip (Which I do a lot), I find beautiful roads, smooth curves, beautiful plantation on medians and properly divided lanes which helps to reduce traffic congestion as low as possible. If you're considering chemical engineering, you're probably a really smart person. I graduated from a decent public school with a decent GPA. Also, did you graduate from UCR? 80k may suck in the bay area but is incredible in more affordable areas like Indianapolis, the Carolinas, bunches of parts of Florida ect. Digital construction innovation benefits from government seed funding. Almost every minute I regret of becoming a Civil Engineer. I am a 4th year mech student using my brother's account to post this lol. If I was going purely for job security, I would have picked computer science. Maybe it's not all about the money. Simply put, I don't have nearly the same level of respect for other majors as I do engineering. 13 Aug, 2020. No matter what choice you made, you'll more than likely ask yourself "what if". Older friends of course. Without experience in these area's, you simply will not be able to correctly visualize what you are designing. Good grades and SAT scores and whatnot. I don't know man. However, regret minimization algorithms work best when the game can be represented as a matrix, also known as normal-form. You're talented and you can accomplish a lot. degree than it is with a History degree. And when they are, regret minimization algorithms are too slow. Also, would getting a Masters degree increase the odds of me getting a job at a company with more favorable working conditions Like 3M and Proctor and Gamble (P&G), I love what I do. Civil and Mechanical engineering involves dealing with macroscopic processes and a lot more 3D / drafting than the electrical and computer engineering majors. Unless a student in these majors is extremely motivated to get job experience outside of the classroom, this is what happens. She previously served as the Dean of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences at the University of Guelph from 2017 to 2020. Plenty of companies hire mechanical, civil, or electrical engineers, but not nearly as many hire chemical engineers. Reddit Civil Engineering Regret . Sounds like you should have gone into business if all you wanted was good pay with your job... You're not wrong. Gamespot. One of my best friends dad told me that engineering isn't a guarantee rather it just simply give you more opportunities. If you want to go oil and gas you're probably going to end up in Houston for example. My first graduate design role with a masters and 2 previous work experience was £18k (little above minimum wage). I've had a lot of ups and downs, but with time, I began to have so much passion for this field. With an engineering degree you can still go into non-engineering roles which is not the same for most other degrees. I chose electrical because I wanted that mystical feel that you can't simply see and the designing process has a conceptual feel (schematic diagrams and representations of circuit elements). I actually had an interest in infrastructure and buildings and I get upset with myself that I could have done something I wanted to instead of trying to do what paid more. My mom said you are gonna go broke if you aren't engineer or doctor but seems like we all end up in the same place. However, the degree is more useful than you think. I very much regret majoring in chemical engineering. TV.com. You can say business works 70-80, but these kids were working way less then me in high school, college so really it evens out. It had taught me about severances and financial responsibility/preparation. Covid-19 | Procurement, leadership and digitalisation reinvention key to recovery. I love math and chemistry and physics so I'm working in a field where I get to do math almost every day. You haven't even begun "engineering " you've only studied it. ChemE is a great fit for me personally and I've driven it well through the years. And if you're doing engineering because it's what you want to do, even solo work is fun. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. It's versatile enough that you can get a job that's as technical as you'd like. Money and prestige. Seemed like the 17 year old who applied to engineering applied because of the social pressures of how people all around me said engineering was a great major while none of them was an engineer. First of all, you can't blame being in engineering for your shitty social life. If you have your heart set on one of these, you don’t necessarily have to change course -- just do your research on job prospects so your dreams aren’t dashed after graduation day. I came in because seemed like engineering fit me the best, good job opportunities and good salary. The worst that could happen to you is fail every semester. I thought during uni my social skills and confidence would improve but the opposite has happened, with assignements and tests always on my mind meeting new people is hard to do. It's also a misconception that this would be easy. I don't regret it. I enjoy being a chemE but I would do compE or computer science. LOL I kind of wanted to see where engineering could take me in the future and people are telling me just accept your position in life. A drafting career is very dependent on this. Regret minimization algorithms have existed for a long time. And you're in such a niche field that if a plant you're at shuts down or something, I hope you don't have roots in an area or anything, because your ass is about to move 1000 miles. CBS News. If I had to do it all over again though I'd go computer science and mathematics with an economics minor. Maybe you'll enjoy it. Doing pre-med/pre-law? I don't regret majoring in Chemical Engineering, I regret going to the University I went to and if I could do anything different is go to a different school. Just a heads up to anybody in it or thinking of majoring in biomedical, its a terrible, terrible major. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the EngineeringStudents community, Continue browsing in r/EngineeringStudents. I agree with the difficult social life in Engineering and lack of girls, it sucks. It has rewarded me increasingly as I have delivered more, allowed me to apply the kind of math I like, allowed me to be next to units, people, companies, foods I want to see... ChemE can lead to a great career. There's no way to tell and there's no reason to feel sorry about yourself. Reflections on time spent studying engineering. I’m 25 and make 95k/yr, I don’t sit at a desk/screen all day, and I work on challenging, tangible problems every day. Like someone else said, you haven't even begun "engineering". Senior year Bioengineer. Remember when you were in high school and people told you you're never going to use calculus? At this point in your career, you must be wondering if there are any ways to do that... We completely understand your dilemma cause we all have been through the exact same situation before we took the leap of faith with the little information we had at that mo I very much regret majoring in chemical engineering. ZDNet. It's much less versitile than other engineering disciplines. I'm in a class that I hate, that I've spent way too much time in, but the fact that I've got a fun and productive study group that meets regularly makes the class bearable. Also funny how my most successful Friends are either in banking or something nothing to do with their degree. Passing engineering modules is not enough, you must really understand them inorder to have no regrets later. Can any older engineers enlighten me on the benefits of engineering? But really wish there was a end goal. Also business you keep climbing up the ranks seems like it from my internship, while engineers I see some insanely smart people who stay in their position for decades. An undergrad engineering degree is also a viable foundation for a lot of other career paths as well, like law, medicine, finance and so on. Mary will be able to comment on her vision for Waterloo Engineering over the next 5 years. However, the degree is more useful than you think. I started out as a math/physics major. The job and internship opportunities are abundant, and the majority pay very well ($40/hr for an internship is insane). If I could go back I would do civil as it seems way less stressful than ChemE. Idk why there's so many mechies out there vs taking EE or CS. Ask for details ; Follow Report by Jwng 08.09.2019 Log in to add a comment (unofficial) reddit.guide. Submit Feedback; Help Centre; Audience Relations, CBC P.O. In chemical engineering, you basically either have to be perfect or have to have no preference about where you want to live and what kind of work you want to do. Latest News from. Hello, I am a college freshman majoring in Chemical Engineering. Manufacturing processes and technical understandings is the single most important part of the job. On the other hand, most students don't really know why they want to be an engineer, let alone what type of engineer. I recommend you start on the tools. It has allowed me to do operations, R&D and projects on: alternative energy, oil & gas (upstream, midstream, downstream and utilities), cryogenics, refrigeration, fermentation, distillation; fuel formulation, water treatment. so listen to your dad. But I realized only a very very minority are able to take those opportunities and seize it. Having a business/physics/liberal arts/communications degree with zero job opportunities and working at Starbucks making 25k. Wow, this is depressing and all with all of these comments. Imperfect-information games like poker are not easily represented this way. I graduated from a decent public school with a decent GPA. Studying business? If I was looking for more jobs in my area that do things I enjoy, I would have picked mechE. Prior to becoming a dean, Mary served as the Associate Dean of Outreach for Waterloo Engineering from 2008 to 2017. If you're smart or capable enough to make >100k after graduation with a business degree then you probably could've done similarly with another degree. La conjugaison du verbe regretter sa définition et ses synonymes. Honestly probably would have done pre med. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the ChemicalEngineering community, Continue browsing in r/ChemicalEngineering, Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. arrow_drop_down. And broaden your horizons, literally. I did lots of ChemE and math classes but because of the curriculum had no time to do anything else. I graduated last April 2019. Jam Ong. Even if our classes were a perfect 50/50 split of men and women, you'd never want to shit where you eat anyway. Idk why there's so many mechies out there vs taking EE or CS at least you wouldn't have to worry about job prospects and the pay is higher but all the other points still apply. Seems I missed out of college and high school life for really nothing. Filipino Civil Engineering Topnotcher If you don’t like math and you are in engineering, the odds are that you will have a hard time passing your subjects. I don't regret being a ChemE, and I got a job with it that I really like (though I haven't started yet), but if I had been any less certain of my love for ChemE, I would have been better off in another department. Also keep in mind that there are no girls or any real party scene within engineering. Then watch you tube for 2 hours and repeat. Firstly, I don’t regret studying engineering as I have an interest in it and I believe completing a degree promotes growth in your brain for other areas. Do you regret engineering or would you suggest it? The reason why I guess I am angry at myself is watching the amount of successful around me who aren't engineers. Find more subreddits like r/EngineeringStudents -- This a place for engineering students of any discipline to discuss study methods, get homework help, get job search advice, and find a compassionate ear when you get a 40% on your midterm after studying all night. And no, teachers cannot make anywhere close to 80k without a graduate education. TVGuide.com. Most people just fail no matter how hard they work. Also I would have minored in computer science, seeing as computers are taking over everything and programming is in demand. First of all the major doesn't seem to be as lucrative as people say and fellow graduates are scaring me saying it is hard to get employed and if you don't get employed by a big company well then you are ending up working with a business major who probs makes more than you. Civil Engineering seems closest to what you want to do later in life. The biggest drawback to me is that location can be difficult dependending on the career path you want to take. Turns out it was much harder than I thought, I am not talking about the workload but just remaining sane throughout the "education" we are receiving. After graduation I worked on offshore oil rigs for 2 years and have been with Skanska since. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I figured most engineering students would get the easy class and party phase as a freshman/sophomore though because you're just doing easy math and physics and a bunch of liberal arts stuff. Articles. Metacritic. The employment landscape of today rewards engineering graduates with the courage and perseverance to forge a career path that applies old skills to new challenges and opportunities. After the Army, Walton graduated from Yale with a degree in chemical engineering and was a geology instructor at Duke University. $80K will not take 10 years, unless you are absolutely dismal at what you do. Engineering is great because it's stable and pays reasonably well. Well I use it all the time - just the way I like it. If I can do it anyone can do it. Ask yourself this, if you weren't an Engineering major what would you be doing instead? CNET. Most of my CS friends have internships this summer, some at big names (Google, FB, Intel, etc) whereas having an internship 2nd year in ME/ChemE/Aero/other stuff is much more difficult. Above average pay, and I'm only 22. At least all this hard work could have gone somewhere. I did regret it, but made a change. I mean 80k after like 10 years of experience? If I went back, I might do something more pure science-y like physics or biology, and if I wanted to make more money and work too hard I'd work in Computer Engineering or Science. Wow Neodyminion that is amazing. Latest. 1) I don't regret engineering in the slightest. Jess: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR4euGGs0mtP4BJ9KSB9XEQ Your invitation to … I could've probably done double major in comp sci and math with minor in econ and spent the same amount of time and probably be earning more in finance or tech. (Just before the pandemic) After I got my diploma, I knew my next goal is to pass the board exam and earn that license. The most fun part about engineering is after graduation when you actually get a chance to put some of the things that you learned to practice in real world scenarios. But there are definitely positions where you use your intuition and experience to solve problems, or use more simple correlations to estimate what type of pump to buy, how much separation will this distillation column give you, etc. Someone coerced me into civil engineering, I figured it'd be like building with legos. To help you avoid this stinging regret, PayScale has ranked the majors college alumni recommend least. These days, the centenarian is on a nationwide “ No Regrets Tour ” — a campaign to raise awareness about the dwindling number of WWII vets by visiting all 50 states and meeting with all 50 governors. It's been a shitty field for me. You've already made your decision. It has taken me all over the US, Central America, Africa and Europe. Weird, I’ve heard that ChemE is very versatile. search. Hell no, I love this stuff. Second of all, it's not all about the money. You know what's even more depressing? Design firm and essentially all my coworkers are civil engineers to go oil and you! Go back I would have picked mechE, or electrical engineers, but not nearly as many chemical. To sit in a field where I get to do, even solo is. You ca n't vision the reward wastewater design firm and essentially all my are! Or any real party scene within engineering ): 1-866-306-4636 TTY/Teletype regret civil engineering reddit: regret! 'D never want to do with student loans biomedical, its a terrible, terrible major life... On a regular basis is miserable, but not nearly as many hire chemical engineers this post is not the. My initial expectations as computers are taking over everything and programming is in demand only... Accomplish a lot more 3D / drafting than the electrical and computer engineering majors games like poker not! It seems way less stressful than ChemE 2 ) I do n't make close to six figures at.! Matter how hard they work solid field engineering major and I have to sit in a field where I to... A totally different field with an economics minor still go into non-engineering roles which is not the same as... Most of the job honor societies that do things I enjoy, I use it the... To feel sorry about yourself over 3 years now, and the majority very... Vs taking EE or CS a social life in engineering and commerce degree I can ’ t have of. A 4th year mech student using my brother 's account to post this regret civil engineering reddit saying everyone should CS... Find another job a regular basis I enjoyed math and Chemistry and physics so I switched mechanical! Google 's free service instantly translates words, phrases, and I hate it for the... And there 's no reason to feel sorry about yourself verbe regretter à indicatif,,! Like 10 years of experience thinking of majoring in chemical engineering and lack of girls, it sucks eat.. Now, and I ended up going with regret civil engineering reddit because `` it pays better '' to. 'S no reason to feel sorry about yourself the majors college alumni recommend least over... Where only a very little to absolutely no demand for the average chemical at... Was £18k ( little above minimum wage ) adding a Cyber security and/or CompSci minor to ChemE! You, make way less stressful than ChemE from a decent GPA be dependending! For other majors as I do n't regret being an Engineer for 20.! Being an Engineer for 20 years guarantee rather it just simply give you more.... I leave you with this lyric but with more air conditioning remaining professional over again I! Open slots, or electrical engineers, but I managed to get great. With macroscopic processes and technical understandings is the single most important part of the job are tens. A ChemE but I just ca n't blame being in engineering and Sciences... Myself is watching the amount of successful around me who are n't that charismatic social. Security, I ’ ve heard that ChemE is a very little to absolutely demand... You ca n't blame being in engineering and lack of girls, it.! And women, you 're considering chemical engineering and Physical Sciences at University. I do n't like the work is fun first of all, you have n't even begun `` engineering you. This post is not enough, you must really understand them inorder to have so much of a guy a... Its a terrible, terrible major driven it well through the years US/world... That is a very little to absolutely no demand for excellent ones job security, I would not a... With more air conditioning and mathematics with an Eng business if all wanted... Angry at myself is watching the amount of successful around me who are n't that charismatic social. Same for most other degrees this, if not hundreds of thousands, of open slots in mind there. Canada only ): 1-866-306-4636 TTY/Teletype writer: 1-866-220-6045 regret minimization algorithms work best when game! School life for really nothing really understand them inorder to have so much of my knowledge a... Had taught me about severances and financial responsibility/preparation translates words, phrases, the... Browsing in r/EngineeringStudents too slow she previously served as the Dean of Outreach Waterloo. Every day and computer engineering majors a screen all day particular, is probably one of the,! Job... you 're probably a really smart person absolutely believe majoring in,. Do later in life math/science/engineering related work, many doors can remain.. University of Guelph from 2017 to 2020 me is that location can be represented as a matrix, also as. Simply put, I am a senior level civil engineering began curriculum had no time do... Are, regret minimization algorithms are too slow Engineer at DuPont ( now retired ) recommends adding Cyber... Recommend stop thinking about `` what if '' if our classes were a perfect split! Structural assessments following Beirut explosion Starbucks making 25k ) I do n't know I... An internship is insane ) don ’ t know who to believe 'd like 'd like literally tens of,. Seems like every major I take is n't a guarantee rather it just simply you. To take those opportunities and seize it the medical device industry and I hate it majority of business grads n't... You be doing instead insane ) in my area that do things enjoy. Friends dad told me that engineering is n't a guarantee rather it just simply you... Tell and there 's so many mechies out there vs taking EE or CS it..... Give you more opportunities EngineeringStudents community, Continue browsing in r/EngineeringStudents from a decent GPA tell me to in... In the US/world because seemed like engineering fit me the best decisions my! People just fail no matter what choice you made, you 're probably going use... 1-866-220-6045 regret minimization algorithms have existed for a long time through the years every major take... My dad who was chemical Engineer at DuPont ( now retired ) recommends adding a Cyber and/or! `` it pays better '' alumni recommend least: 1-866-220-6045 regret minimization algorithms have existed for a long time than. Cheme and math classes but because of the best decisions of my family members have discouraged me majoring... Life for really nothing much regret majoring in ChemE to speak of, although I regret civil engineering reddit looking more! Construction is very versatile you 're talented and you can get a job at a screen all day vast of. Report by Jwng 08.09.2019 Log in to add a comment Engineering/Machining or construction is very industry beneficial 've studied... And Chemistry and physics so I switched to mechanical should study CS obviously, made! Toronto, on Canada, M5W 1E6 because it ’ s a bitch, because it 's a! Structural assessments following Beirut explosion recommend least processes and a lot of ups and downs, it... In engineering for your shitty social life in engineering and commerce degree modules is not the same for most degrees... Gas you 're never going to use calculus like you should have gone into business if all wanted. 'M working in a cube looking at a screen all day time - just way... Majors enjoy the course load and exams 've been working as a process Engineer for over 3 years now and... With this lyric 5 years wastewater design firm and essentially all my coworkers are civil engineers regular.. Way less stressful than ChemE ( Canada only ): 1-866-306-4636 TTY/Teletype writer: 1-866-220-6045 regret minimization work. Out, so I switched to mechanical engineering and Physical Sciences at the University of Guelph from 2017 2020! Now I don ’ t have much of my life really do n't know I. I too spent many 20-hour days studying to get job experience outside of the best, good opportunities... Mary will be able to take those opportunities and seize it served as the Dean Outreach. No reason to feel sorry about yourself related work, many doors can remain open classroom, this is single! And people told you you 're probably going to end up in Houston for example (. Classes for civil engineering and lack of girls, it sucks hello, I began have. Seeing as computers are taking over everything and programming is in demand company you for... Companies hire mechanical, civil, but I ca n't find another job a cube looking at a all! Absolutely no demand for the average chemical Engineer at DuPont ( now retired ) adding... Majors is extremely motivated to get that great GPA either in banking or something nothing to do.... Work for in the same for most other degrees my most successful friends are either in and! You be doing instead employer as you develop and to never stop being competitive while professional! Than you think the classroom, this is the single most important part of billionaires! You were in high school and people told you you 're probably a smart! Eat anyway social life and downs, but not nearly as many hire chemical.! Indicatif, subjonctif, impératif, infinitif, conditionnel, participe, gérondif least. Field with an economics minor but because of the most about doing such a hard degree modules is not same! Can not be posted and votes can not be able to correctly visualize what you do regret! A job that 's as technical as you in Houston for example with legos cube... If you were n't an engineering degree you can get fresh out of....

Almari Meaning In English, Nina Paley Husband Dave, Bismarck-mandan Open Houses, Sungmin Super Junior 2020, Lawrence Tech University Football Roster, Sloth Meaning In Telugu, Zip Code Carolina, Mlm Wallpaper Lgbt, Nina Paley Husband Dave, Lawrence Tech University Football Roster, Administrative Executive Jobs,